Litigation Law Clerk/Paralegal
We are seeking a Litigation Law Clerk/Paralegal to join our team. The successful candidate will have experience as a law clerk or paralegal. Experience in areas other than litigation will be considered an asset.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparation and filing of court documents in accordance with the Rules of Civil Procedure
- Conducting intakes for new clients/matters
- Legal research
- Maintaining organized physical and electronic filing systems
- Drafting correspondence
- Performing office clerical duties as needed
- A diploma in a related Legal Administration and/or Law Clerk program or equivalent years of experience will be considered an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written & oral) skills;
- Strong understanding of legal terminology;
- Ability to analyze and understand legal documents;
- Must be highly organized with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently as well as with Lawyers and other employees as part of a team; and
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure with simultaneous deadlines.
Salary will be discussed at interview and only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please provide a covering letter and resume when applying. All candidate information received will be held in the strictest of confidence.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $28,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Flexible Schedule
- Life Insurance
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care