Real Estate Law Clerk
We are seeking a full time, confident, organized, motivated, and self-starting Legal Assistant/Law Clerk for our real estate department.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Management of residential real estate transactions, including preparation of correspondence, transaction documents, client and lender reports, statements of adjustments and funds, and ordering of title insurance;
- Preparation of letters and e-mails;
- Scheduling meetings between lawyers and client;
- Organization and maintenance of physical and electronic files;
- Routine administrative duties;
- Other responsibilities as assigned; and
- Preparation of reporting letters/accounts to clients and lenders, promptly following the completion of files.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following:
- Completion of law clerk/legal assistant program or diploma is preferred;
- Knowledge and experience with Conveyancer and Teraview is an asset;
- The ability to be proactive, work ahead of schedule, meet strict deadlines and go the extra mile is essential;
- Detail-oriented with a positive outlook and strong time management skills;
- Highly organized and attention to detail with the flexibility to accommodate work demands;
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize, and multitask;
- Ability and desire to work independently, take responsibility for all work and manage multiple files;
- Demonstrate good judgment and utmost professionalism at all times, particularly when working under pressure;
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and exercise discretion when necessary; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Experienced candidates who possess the above-noted skills and assets will be offered a competitive salary.
All covering letters and resumes will be received in the strictest of confidence.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $28,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Company Events
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
Interested candidates are invited to email their CV/resume and cover letter to email@example.com